THANK YOU for joining the faculty of the 4th Federal Interagency Conference on TBI. We appreciate your commitment and strive to make your presenter experience as stress-free, productive, and enjoyable as possible.
This webpage is designed to provide the resources and information you need. If you don’t find the answers to your questions here, please contact Keo Pich at kpich@ACRM.org. We’re here to help!
- Presenters receive $100 OFF their registration. Presenters are required to register. Those who would like to register now at the lowest possible rate, will receive $100 credited later — after their acceptance notification.
KEY PRESENTER DEADLINES
- Symposia: Extended to October 13, 2017
- Oral Papers & Posters: October 31, 2017
- Acceptance notifications will be sent via email
- To symposia submitters in mid-November 2017 and
- To paper and poster submitters at the end of December 2017
Please book early at the Hilton Washington, conference headquarters, and enjoy the convenience and savings of staying onsite. There is no deposit required at booking and no penalty for cancellations made by 3:00 PM three days prior to your reservation.
By booking in the FICTBI discounted room block, you also help FICTBI meet its hotel contract obligation. Thank you!
Hilton Washington: 1919 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009
- $249 / night (single/double) plus tax
- TBA Government Rate / night (single/double) plus tax
Call +1.800.HILTONS (+1.800.445.8667) with the applicable group discount code:
- Main Block Code: ACRM
- Government Block Code: TBA
REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
ALL PRESENTERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE
All presenter rates are pre-programmed into the FICTBI registration system according to attendee type to ensure you automatically pay the lowest possible rate. Be sure to select “Presenter” as your attendee type unless you qualify as a “Student, Resident or Fellow” or “Early Career Professional.”
Students/residents/fellows and early career professionals receive a substantial discount.
Presenters who do NOT qualify for student or early career discounts, will receive $100 off the purchase of a Core Conference registration. This discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
TIPS for BEST VALUE — SAVE even MORE
- Register EARLY at the BEST Rate
HOW TO REGISTER AT THE LOWEST PRESENTER RATE
- Registration will Open Late August/Early September
If you need assistance with the registration process, please contact Keo Pich.
POSTER PREPARATION & PRESENTATION
Poster display boards are landscape format measuring 4′ H × 8′ W (122 cm Height x 243 cm Width). Posters may be any size as long they will fit on the poster display board. The suggested size is 42” x 90”. Pushpins for mounting will be provided.
3 Poster Sessions (A, B, C)
Session A (Monday, June 11th, 2018, 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM):
- Poster Set-Up: Sunday, June 10th, 2018 from 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Poster Presentation: Poster presenters must staff their poster on Monday, June 11th, 2018 from 11:45 AM – 12:30 PM. Please be prepared to stand by your poster, present your findings and answer attendee questions during this time.
- Poster Take-Down: Monday, June 11th, 2018, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
*Posters that are not picked up by 2:30 PM will be removed and disposed of by staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Your poster must be displayed for viewing from 8:00 AM on Monday, June 11th until 1:00 PM.
Session B (Monday, June 11th, 2018, at 4:30 PM to Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 at 1:00 PM):
- Poster Set-Up: Monday, June 11th, 2018 from 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Poster Presentation: Poster presenters must staff their poster on Monday, June 11th, 2018 from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Please be prepared to stand by your poster, present your findings and answer attendee questions during this time.
- Poster Take-Down: Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
*Posters that are not picked up by 2:30 PM will be removed and disposed of by staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Your poster must be displayed for viewing from 5:00 PM on Monday, June 11th until Tuesday, June 12th at 1:00 PM.
Session C (Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, at 4:30 PM to Wednesday, June 13th, 2018 at 11:00 AM):
- Poster Set-Up: Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 from 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Poster Presentation: Poster presenters must staff their poster on Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 from 5:30 PM – 6:15 PM. Please be prepared to stand by your poster, present your findings and answer attendee questions during this time.
- Poster Take-Down: Wednesday, June 13th, 2018, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
*Posters that are not picked up by 12:30 PM will be removed and disposed of by staff.
PLEASE NOTE: Your poster must be displayed for viewing from 4:00 PM on Monday, June 11th until Tuesday, June 12th at 1:00 PM.
Spots are limited, Pick Your Poster Session Today!
ORAL PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
Each presenter is allotted 15 minutes to present their scientific paper and answer questions. Audio/visual equipment may be used to supplement the presentation. Whenever possible, papers will be grouped by their focus, with up to four papers being moderated within a 75-minute session block.
PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS
The abstracts of all oral papers and posters presented at this 4th Federal Interagency Conference on TBI will be published in the online issue of the ACRM journal, the Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
PROMOTE YOUR SESSION
No one knows your presentation better than you. That’s why FICTBI has developed a wide variety of promotional tools to help you inform and invite the professionals who will benefit most by attending.
Check out the FICTBI Marketing Toolbox and take your pick of graphics, logos, webpage links, and banner ads. Use them to effectively promote your session at your own institution, to students and mentees, and like-minded colleagues through your professional listservs, email communications, social media and PowerPoint presentations.
ONSITE PRESENTER LOGISTICS
To facilitate a smooth flow of sessions in each meeting room and reduce opportunities for technical difficulties, all presentations will be pre-loaded and ready to run for the start of each session. Your presentation, as submitted to FICTBI, will be loaded on the FICTBI laptop and ready to go. Our aim is to start and end each session on time.
Session Room Set up
Each session room will be equipped with a laptop, projector, and screen for your presentation. In addition, there will be a table, three chairs and a podium at the front of the room. With the exception of the large plenary sessions, rooms will not generally include a microphone or sound system for videos.
If you require a microphone, plan to use video with sound or require special accommodations (e.g., ramp, stool), please let us know immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, session ID and session title. If you have already received confirmation, there is no need to alert us again. Requests for a microphone and audio or video equipment on site will be granted on a first come, first served basis and availability cannot be guaranteed. Please notify us by email no later than April 1, 2018.
Presenter Ready Room
There will be a Presenter Ready Room available. Hours will be posted closer to the event. Visit the Presenter Ready Room if you have major changes to your presentation or would like to confirm or test your presentation. If you would like assistance outside of the posted hours, please email email@example.com. You are not required to visit the Presenter Ready Room if you do not have changes.
You will be responsible for introducing yourself and running your presentation. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled beginning of your session to ensure a timely start. Please keep to the allotted timeframe, including time for questions and answers.
Length of Sessions
- Symposia: 75 minutes
- Oral Presentations: each presenter is allotted 15 minutes to present their paper and answer questions (75-minute session total)
Handouts are not required and are your responsibility if you choose to provide them. Presentations and poster files will be available in the digital conference proceedings — included with WORLD PASS and available for purchase a la carte.
Using Video in Your Session?
If your presentation uses video with sound, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2018 so we can ensure the session room is set up properly. Feel free to visit the Presenter Ready Room to test the presentation and video. You are also welcome to bring your presentation on a USB stick or even your own laptop if you are concerned about the video playing properly. If you elect to use your own equipment, we highly recommend that you visit the Presenter Ready Room in advance to test your presentation. If you have not previously let us know that you will be requiring audio or video equipment for your presentation, we cannot guarantee the availability of audio or video equipment in the classroom in which you are presenting.
Check back often for the latest-greatest tools and graphics.
It’s all here. Take your pick!